State FACE Team
Firefighters Attacking the Cancer Epidemic
Our mission is to prevent firefighter cancer by increasing and sharing best practices designed to minimize risk of carcinogen exposure to our Florida Firefighters.
The purpose of the Firefighters Attacking the Cancer Epidemic (FACE) Team is to identify all contributing factors to the alarming cancer rates among the members of the fire service. And with that, to create methods of reducing or eliminating these factors. We will do this through research, education, prevention and support. Our mission will be driven by this one purpose and commitment: to improve the health and lives of fire service personnel.
This team operates under the Florida Firefighters Safety & Health Collaborative and has the support and endorsement of the Florida State Fire College, Florida State Fire Marshals office, Florida Fire Chiefs Association, and Florida Professional Firefighter’s.
- Jacksonville Fire Rescue
- Orange County Fire and Rescue
- Martin County Fire Rescue
- Palm Beach Gardens Fire Rescue
- Town of Palm Beach Fire Rescue
- West Palm Beach Fire Rescue
- Delray Beach Fire Rescue
- Palm Beach County Fire Rescue
- Coral Springs Fire Department
- Broward County Fire Rescue
- City of Miami Fire Rescue
- Miami Dade Fire Rescue
- Firefighter Cancer Support Network