"Our commitment is to focus on Firefighter Safety & Health by providing education, training, and sharing of best practices to minimize risks and exposure to our Florida Firefighters".
The Florida Firefighters Safety & Health Collaborative is a FREE Program to Fire Departments looking to enhance, and maintain an effective Safety Committee and/or Safety Program. The Collaborative was founded in 2016 and is a 501c3 non-profit organization.
We currently have 6 regions covering the State of Florida. Northwest Florida, Northeast Florida, Central Florida, Central West Florida, Southwest Florida and Southeast Florida. Our goal is to also add regions in the Keys in the near future.
In each region Firefighters, Safety Officers, Chief Officers, Fire Chiefs and Safety and Health advocates meet quarterly to share policies, procedures, best practices and resources on Firefighter Safety and health issues. All the regions in Florida work together through the FFSHC to create consistency and sharing of resources and best practices throughout the state.
The FFHSC incorporates several topics; all aimed at improving Firefighter safety and health with a focus on: Firefighter cancer prevention, emotional and mental wellness, health & physical fitness and, safety on all emergency incidents.
We have multiple Safety & Health advocates that have endorsed and support our program such as:
- The Florida State Fire Marshals Office
- The Florida State Fire College -Bureau of Fire Standards and Training
- Firefighter Behavioral Health Alliance
- Firefighter Cancer Support Network (Florida Chapter)
- Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami Firefighter Cancer Initiative
- Florida State Fire Marshall's Office Division of Safety
- Florida Fire Chiefs Association
- Florida Professional Firefighters-IAFF
- Preferred Governmental Trust
- FirefightersCloseCalls.com Chief Billy Goldfeder
- IAFC Safety and Health Section
- Emergency Responders Safety Institute
- Nova Southeastern University
- 150+ Florida Fire Departments
This program is the bridge that has been built to close the gaps between Departments and Organizations and most importantly, their Firefighters.