Our commitment is to focus on Firefighter Safety & Health by providing education, training, and sharing of best practices to minimize risks and exposure to our Florida Firefighters.
The Florida Firefighter Safety & Health Collaborative is a free Program to Fire Departments looking to enhance and maintain an effective Safety Committee and/or Safety Program. The Collaborative was founded in 2016. We currently have 3 regions covering the State of Florida: the North Florida, Central Florida, and South Florida Regions. The Collaborative is a 501c3 non-profit organized comprised of representatives from Departments across the state.
The Collaborative provides free training, protocols, & guidelines that support best practices as it relates to Safety & Health in the fire service.
The FFSHC encompasses several topics; all aimed at improving firefighter safety. Some of the areas of focus include: emotional and mental wellness, firefighter cancer prevention, safety on all hazardous incidents and health & physical fitness.
We have multiple Safety & Health Advocates onboard with our program such as, but not limited to:
- The State Fire Marshals Office – Bureau of Fire Standards and Training
- Firefighter Behavioral Health Alliance
- Firefighter Cancer Support Network
- University of Miami
- FFSHC FACE = Florida Firefighters Safety and Health Collaborative Firefighters Attacking Cancer Epidemic
- Preferred Governmental Insurance Trust
- Florida Fire Chiefs Association
- 100+ Florida Fire Departments
This program is the bridge that has been built to close the gaps between Departments and Organizations and most importantly, their Firefighters.